Tuesday 2 June 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rineke Dijkstra and Charlie Huddy.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
They Came to Cordura, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1959 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Rineke Dijkstra: Dutch photographer.
- Charlie Huddy: Oshawa, Ontario -- NHL defenseman (Buffalo Sabres).
- Lydia Lunch: American singer-songwriter guitarist and actress (Teenage Jesus and the Jerks 8-Eyed Spy Harry Crews and My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult).
- Erwin Olaf: Dutch photographer.
- Allen Ginsberg writes his poem Lysergic Acid, San Francisco
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 June 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
- Franck Pourcel's French Fiddles - Only You
- Dave Baby Cortez - The Happy Organ
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?