Sunday 28 June 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Roulette by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
The Hound of the Baskervilles, directed by Terence Fisher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1959 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Joëlle Aubron: French militant political activist in the French group Action directe.
- Clint Boon: English singer and keyboard player (Inspiral Carpets and The Clint Boon Experience).
- Bridgette Monet: American porn actress.
- Gina Alajar: Filipino actress and director.
- Brian Roberts: American executive and CEO in charge of Comcast, a cable company that has expanded into the cellular phone business.
- Phils Wally Post is only outfielder to throw out 2 runners in an inning twice (Losing to Giants 6-0)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- The Coasters - Along Came Jones
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?