Thursday 2 October 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sam Wainwright .
The Slanderers, directed by Nat Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1924 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Sam Wainwright: Deputy Chairman (British Post Office).
- The Geneva Protocol is adopted as a means to strengthen the League of Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mandalay - Al Jolson
- There'll Be Some Changes Made - Marion Harris
- Sophie Tucker - Red-Hot Mama
- Down Home Blues - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?