Monday 27 October 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Last Man on Earth, directed by J.G. Blystone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1924 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Ruby Dee: American actress.
- Bonnie Lou: American singer-songwriter (d. 2015).
- Alain Bombard: French biologist, physician and politician famous for sailing across the Atlantic Ocean in a small boat.
- Michel Galabru: Safi, Morocco -- Actor (Judge & the Assassin).
- Uzbek SSR forms
- The Uzbek SSR is founded in the Soviet Union.
- Nellie Tayloe Ross of Wyoming is elected as the first woman governor in the United States.
- U.S. presidential election, 1924: Republican Calvin Coolidge defeats Democrat John W. Davis and Progressive Robert M. LaFollette, Sr.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- June Night - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- It Had to Be You - Billy Murray & Aileen Stanley
- It Had to Be You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 October 1924 and get them!