Sunday 5 February 1922
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Kalb and Alain de Changy.
Moran of the Lady Letty, directed by George Melford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while If Winter Comes by A.S.M. Hutchinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1922!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1922 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Bernard Kalb: Spokesman (State Department) / actor (Dave).
- Alain de Changy: Belgian race car driver (d. 1994).
- Pope Pius XI (Achille Ratti) succeeds Pope Benedict XV as the 259th pope.
- Five Power Naval Disarmament Treaty signed between United States, Britain, Japan, France, and Italy
- President of the United States Warren G. Harding introduces the first radio in the White House.
- In the Soviet Russia, the Cheka becomes the GPU, a section of the NKVD.
- Finnish Minister of the Interior Heikki Ritavuori is assassinated by Ernst Tandefelt.
- Baragoola, last of the Binngarra style Manly ferries, is launched at Balmain
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- April Showers - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Everybody Step - Ted Lewis & His Band
- John McCormack - Rose of My Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?