Tuesday 14 February 1922, Valentine's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Karl Ludwig Arnold and Murray the K.
The Loves of Pharaoh, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Gentle Julia by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1922!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1922 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Karl Ludwig Arnold
- Murray the K: American impresario and disk jockey (d. 1982).
- Karl Arnold: German engineer, town planner, aircraft pilot, management consultant, geodesist, economist, chairman of ‘Chance Zukunft e.V.
- Pierre Ghestem: French bridge and checkers player.
- Murray the K : American radio host (d. 1982).
- Heikki Ritavuori: Finnish lawyer and politician Finnish Minister of the Interior (d. 1922).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Love Will Find a Way - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Fanny Brice - My Man
- Sally - Medley - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?