Tuesday 8 June 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gustaaf AWC Baron van Hemert Dingshof and Julian Ridsdale.
Jim the Penman, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1915!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1915 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Gustaaf AWC Baron van Hemert Dingshof: (Mayor of Maarn, Netherlands).
- Julian Ridsdale: MP.
- Kayyar Rai: Indian journalist author and poet (d. 2015).
- William Jennings Bryan quits as Secretary of State.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Chinatown, My Chinatown - Prince's Orchestra
- She Used to be the Slowest Girl in Town - Ada Jones & Will Robbins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?