Friday 1 November 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Truche and Betsy Palmer in East Chicago.
The Taming of the Shrew, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Roper's Row by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1929 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Pierre Truche: French attorney and magistrate.
- Betsy Palmer in East Chicago: Indiana, USA; actress (Mr Roberts, Friday the 13th).
- Rudy [Herman R] Kousbroek: Literary (Leopold the Buch).
- Christian Bailly: Hesdin EXecutives.
- Nicholas Mavroules: U.
- Lundy, part of British Isles, issue their own stamps
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?