Saturday 1 November 1941US date format: 11/1/1941, UK date format: 1/11/1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 1, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Foxworth and Joe Caldwell.
Suspicion, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1941!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1941 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Robert Foxworth: American actor, best-known for his role...
- Joe Caldwell
- Joe Louis Caldwell: Texas City, Texas -- Basketball player...
- Johnny Kendall [Johan Donkerkaat]: Dutch blues singer.
- Robert Foxworth in Houston: Texas, USA; actor (Chase - Falcon Crest,...
- Alfio Basile: Argentinian footballer and manager.
- Camille Melloy [the Paepe]: Belgian priest / Poet (Requiem), dies at...
- Japanese marine staff officiers Suzuki / Maejima arrive in Pearl Harbor
- The US extends a lend-lease loan of US$1 billion to the Soviet Union.
- American photographer Ansel Adams takes a picture of a moonrise over the town of Hernandez, New Mexico that would become one of the most famous images in the history of photography.