Saturday 1 November 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Foxworth and Joe Caldwell.
Shadow of the Thin Man, directed by Maj. W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Oliver Wiswell by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 November 1941 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Robert Foxworth: American actor, best-known for his role as Chase Gioberti on TV's "Falcon Crest.
- Joe Caldwell
- Joe Louis Caldwell: Texas City, Texas -- Basketball player (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Johnny Kendall [Johan Donkerkaat]: Dutch blues singer.
- Robert Foxworth in Houston: Texas, USA; actor (Chase - Falcon Crest, Frankenstein).
- Alfio Basile: Argentinian footballer and manager.
- Camille Melloy [the Paepe]: Belgian priest / Poet (Requiem), dies at 50.
- Japanese marine staff officiers Suzuki / Maejima arrive in Pearl Harbor
- The US extends a lend-lease loan of US$1 billion to the Soviet Union.
- American photographer Ansel Adams takes a picture of a moonrise over the town of Hernandez, New Mexico that would become one of the most famous images in the history of photography.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?