Wednesday 1 October 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Noiret and Richard Harris.
Billy the Kid, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1930 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Philippe Noiret: French actor in TV and film, adept at both comedy and drama.
- Richard Harris: Irish actor and versatile talent, the winner of an Academy Award and Golden Globe Award, a Grammy Award, acclaim as a pop recording artist and knighthood by Queen Elizabeth II in June 1981.
- Philippe Esnault: French film historian, filmmaker and writer, who died on 29 August 2008 in Ceret.
- Frank Gardner: Australian race car driver and manager (d. 2009).
- Naimatullah Khan: Pakistani lawyer and politician Mayor of Karachi.
- Ricardo Drigo: Composer, dies at 84.
- Soccer team WHC forms