Thursday 2 December 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas Hahn and Guy Volmerange.
Nana, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1926 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Thomas Hahn: American physics engineer and CEO in charge of Georgia-Pacific, a forest products manufacturing company.
- Guy Volmerange: Epinal Journalist.
- British prime minister Stanley Baldwin ends the martial law that had been declared due to general strike.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Moonlight on the Ganges - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- There's a New Star in Heaven Tonight - Vernon Dalhart
- On the Riviera - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- That's Why I Love You - Johnny Hamp & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?