Sunday 12 December 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Etienne-Emile Baulieu and Jacques Arbeau.
Michael, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1926 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Etienne-Emile Baulieu
- Jacques Arbeau: French illustrator of comics, books and magazines, who sometimes worked under the pseudonym, Jacarbo.
- Étienne-Émile Baulieu: French scientist, physician and medical researcher who has impacted his time in history by developing the abortion pill RU-486 in addition to an anti-aging pill from a human hormone, DeHydroEpiAndrosterone, more commonly known as DHEA.
- Alfredo Bini: Italian film producer.
- Etienne Baulieu: Strasbourg physician.
- Jean Richepin: French Poet / writer (Contes sans morale), dies at 77.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I Can't Get Over a Girl Like You (Loving a Boy Like Me) - Billy Murray & Aileen Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?