Friday 2 July 1920US date format: 7/2/1920, UK date format: 2/7/1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 2, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques-Yves Le Toumelin and Eliseo Diego.
High and Dizzy, directed by Hal Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 July 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1920 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Eliseo Diego: Cuban poet praised for his lyric poetry and short stories.
- Jacques-Yves Le Toumelin: French sailor, the brother of the painter Yahne Le Toumelin and uncle of Matthieu Ricard.
- Andr? Turpin: Salles du Gardon physician.
- John Kneubuhl: Samoan-American historian screenwriter and playwright (d. 1992).
- Annette Kerr: Scottish-English actress (d. 2013).
- William Louis Marshall: American general and engineer (Born 1846).
- Polish–Soviet War: Red Army continues offensive into Poland.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Green Brothers Novelty Band - La Veeda
- Rose of Washington Square - Henry Burr
- Patches - Nora Bayes