Friday 2 July 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques-Yves Le Toumelin and Eliseo Diego.
High and Dizzy, directed by Hal Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 July 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1920 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Eliseo Diego: Cuban poet praised for his lyric poetry and short stories.
- Jacques-Yves Le Toumelin: French sailor, the brother of the painter Yahne Le Toumelin and uncle of Matthieu Ricard.
- Andr? Turpin: Salles du Gardon physician.
- John Kneubuhl: Samoan-American historian screenwriter and playwright (d. 1992).
- Annette Kerr: Scottish-English actress (d. 2013).
- William Louis Marshall: American general and engineer (Born 1846).
- Polish–Soviet War: Red Army continues offensive into Poland.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Green Brothers Novelty Band - La Veeda
- Rose of Washington Square - Henry Burr
- Patches - Nora Bayes