Saturday 2 August 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 2, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Michel and Danielle Bonel.
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 August 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1919 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Bernard Michel
- John Pinkerton: Compuer Scientist.
- Danielle Bonel: French actress, particularly known as the secretary and confidant from 1937 to 1963 of the singer Edith Piaf, who died in her arms.
- Tom Ray: American animator who founded his own animation studio, Tomstone Animation.
- Raymond Tissot: France sport Champion.
- Nehemiah Persoff: Israeli-American actor and singer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Somebody's Waiting for Someone - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- A Rose, a Kiss, and You - John Steel
- Oh, Susy, Behave - Fred Van Eps