Monday 2 June 1919US date format: 6/2/1919, UK date format: 2/6/1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 2, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nat Mayer Shapiro and Clarence Weff.
Hands Up, directed by Cindy Baer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 June 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1919 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Nat Mayer Shapiro: American painter (d. 2005).
- Clarence Weff: French writer and screenwriter, an author of detective fiction and spy novels.
- Nat Shapiro: American painter (d. 2005).
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Carl Sandburg (Cornhuskers)
- Several mail bombs are sent to prominent figures as part of the 1919 United States anarchist bombings.