Tuesday 2 June 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 2, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marie Cheatham and F Aijazuddin.
The Phantom Plainsmen, directed by John English, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1942 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Marie Cheatham: Oklahoma, United States -- Actress (Search for Tomorrow, Guiding Light).
- F Aijazuddin: Pakistani chartered accountant, art historian and author of more than a dozen books.
- Jean-Paul Angelier: French diplomat, ambassador to Djibouti.
- Maree Cheatham: Soap Opera Actress.
- Bunny Berigan: American musician, a trumpeter and bandleader of the swing of the '30s.
- Red Sox star Ted Williams enlists as a Navy aviator