Saturday 2 March 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 2, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lana Wood and Jim Crace.
Gilda, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 March 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1946 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Lana Wood: Actress.
- Jim Crace: Writer.
- Brian J Donnelly American politician (Representative-Democrat-Massachusetts: 1979-).
- Kingman Douglass becomes deputy director of US Central Intelligence Agency.
- Dutch troops land on East Bali.
- Ho Chi Minh is elected the President of North Vietnam.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Personality - Dinah Shore
- Seems Like Old Times - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Atlanta G.A. - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Oh! What It Seemed To Be - Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra