Tuesday 5 March 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 5, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lova Moor and Murray Head.
Romance of the West, directed by Robert Emmett Tansey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 March 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1946 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Lova Moor: French strip-tease-dancer at the Crazy Horse Saloon.
- Murray Head: English singer and actor, most recognised for his international hits: "Superstar" (Jesus-Christ Superstar), "Say it Ain't So" and "One Night in Bangkok".
- Bertho Audifax
- Rocky Bleier: American football player, one of the best running backs in football.
- Michael Warren: American basketball player and actor.
- Mem Fox: Australian author and academic.
- Michael Ashcroft: Businessman.
- Graham Hawkins: English former football player and manager.
- Guerrino Boatto: Italian illustrator and painter.
- Michael Warren in South Bend: Indiana, USA; actor (Bobby Hill - Hill Street Blues).
- Richard Buntel: American business manager at St. Thomas of Villanova Parish in Wilmington, MA, a non-ministerial position with the R.C.
- Klaus Hagerup: Norwegian author, translator, screenwriter, actor, and director.
- Richard Bell: Canadian pianist (Full Tilt Boogie Band The Band Crowbar and Blackie and the Rodeo Kings) (d. 2007).
- Hungarian Communists and Social Democrats co-found the Left Bloc.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Jo Stafford - Day by Day
- Shoo-Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra (Vocal June Christy)
- Shoo-Fly Pie And Apple Pan Dowdy - Dinah Shore
- Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief - Les Brown & His Orchestra