Tuesday 5 March 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Warren in South Bend and Rocky Bleier.
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while This Side of Innocence by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1946 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Michael Warren in South Bend: Indiana, USA; actor (Bobby Hill - Hill Street Blues).
- Rocky Bleier: American football player, one of the best running backs in football.
- Richard Buntel: American business manager at St. Thomas of Villanova Parish in Wilmington, MA, a non-ministerial position with the R.C.
- Klaus Hagerup: Norwegian author, translator, screenwriter, actor, and director.
- Murray Head: English singer and actor, most recognised for his international hits: "Superstar" (Jesus-Christ Superstar), "Say it Ain't So" and "One Night in Bangkok".
- Lova Moor: French strip-tease-dancer at the Crazy Horse Saloon. The famous club on the Avenue George V is a "must" to visit in Paris; the most beautiful girls in Europe are glorified by music and a light show. Lova married the owner of the club, Alain Bernardin, on 6/28/1985. On 9/15/1994, at about 2:30 AM, he committed suicide in his office with a shotgun, Paris.
- Richard Bell: Canadian pianist (Full Tilt Boogie Band The Band Crowbar and Blackie and the Rodeo Kings) (d. 2007)
- Mem Fox: Australian author and academic
- Michael Warren: American basketball player and actor
- Guerrino Boatto: Italian illustrator and painter
- Graham Hawkins: English former football player and manager
- Hungarian Communists and Social Democrats co-found the Left Bloc.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Oh! What It Seemed To Be
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Atlanta G.A.
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - Seems Like Old Times
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra
- Personality - Dinah Shore
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?