Saturday 16 March 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include JZ Knight and Guesch Patti.
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 March 1946 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- JZ Knight
- Guesch Patti: French singer.
- Hubert Soudant: Dutch orchestra conductor, winner of the Grand Prix de disque for a recording he made in 1976.
- J Knight: American mystic teacher and author, also known as Judy Zebra Knight and JZ Knight, who claims to be the channel of a spiritual entity named Ramtha, a 35,000 year-old warrior spirit from Atlantis.
- Yves Lambert: French sociologist specializing in the sociology of religion.
- Michael Basman: English chess player and author.
- Mary Kaldor: English economist and academic.
- Erik Estrada in New York City: New York, USA; actor (CHiPs, Cross and Switchblade, Lightblast).
- Sigmund Groven: Norwegian musician, considered one of the world's leading classical harmonica players.
- Marius HLW "Max" Blokzijl: Dutch Nazi propagandist, executed at 61.
- Would-Be Gentleman closes at Booth Theater NYC after 77 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- McNamara's Band - Bing Crosby & Jesters
- Oh! What it Seemed to Be - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- One-Zy, Two-Zy (I Love You-Zy) - Phil Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?