Saturday 23 March 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Bleasdale and Pepe Lienhard.
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 March 1946 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Alan Bleasdale: English screenwriter and producer.
- Pepe Lienhard: Swiss singer and bandleader.
- Barbara Rhoades: American actress.
- Alexandru Zirra: Composer, dies at 62.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Phil Harris - The Darktown Poker Club
- One-Zy, Two-Zy (I Love You-Zy) - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?