Wednesday 6 March 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 6, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Gilmour and Patrick Baudry.
Romance of the West, directed by Robert Emmett Tansey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 March 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1946 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- David Gilmour: British musician (Pink Floyd).
- Patrick Baudry
- Leo Tallarico: American pro astrologer and staff member of "The Ascendant" magazine.
- Martin Kove in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Victor - Cagney and Lacey).
- Patrick Pierre: Roger Baudry in Cameroon; astronaut (STS 18).
- David Jon Gilmour in Cambridgeshire: England; rock guitarist (Pink Floyd - "The Wall").
- Murray Head: Actor.
- Michael Chaplin: American noted family, the third son of Charlie Chaplin and Oona O'Neil.
- Martin Kove: American actor and producer.
- Richard Noble: Scottish race car driver and businessman.
- Tony Klatka rocker (Blood: Sweat and Tears).
- Mem Fox: Writer.
- Martin Van Creveld: Historian.
- Ho Chi Minh signs an agreement with France which recognizes Vietnam as an autonomous state in the Indochinese Federation and the French Union.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Jo Stafford - Day by Day
- Shoo-Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra (Vocal June Christy)
- Shoo-Fly Pie And Apple Pan Dowdy - Dinah Shore
- Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief - Les Brown & His Orchestra