Wednesday 6 March 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Kove in Brooklyn and Patrick Pierre.
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1946 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Martin Kove in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Victor - Cagney and Lacey).
- Patrick Pierre: Roger Baudry in Cameroon; astronaut (STS 18).
- David Jon Gilmour in Cambridgeshire: England; rock guitarist (Pink Floyd - "The Wall").
- Tony Klatka rocker (Blood: Sweat and Tears).
- Michael Chaplin: American noted family, the third son of Charlie Chaplin and Oona O'Neil.
- Leo Tallarico: American pro astrologer and staff member of "The Ascendant" magazine. He is the founder of "Spiritual Therapy Astrology," certified by Professional Astrologers Inc. He integrates psychology, astrology and spirituality into his consulting practice in Mill Valley, CA.
- David Gilmour: British musician (Pink Floyd)
- Martin Kove: American actor and producer
- Richard Noble: Scottish race car driver and businessman
- Ho Chi Minh signs an agreement with France which recognizes Vietnam as an autonomous state in the Indochinese Federation and the French Union.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 March 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Oh! What It Seemed To Be
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Atlanta G.A.
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - Seems Like Old Times
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra
- Personality - Dinah Shore
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?