Wednesday 6 March 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Gilmour and Patrick Baudry.
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The River Road by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 March 1946 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- David Gilmour: British musician (Pink Floyd).
- Patrick Baudry
- Leo Tallarico: American pro astrologer and staff member of "The Ascendant" magazine.
- David Jon Gilmour in Cambridgeshire: England; rock guitarist (Pink Floyd - "The Wall").
- Tony Klatka rocker (Blood: Sweat and Tears).
- Michael Chaplin: American noted family, the third son of Charlie Chaplin and Oona O'Neil.
- Martin Kove: American actor and producer.
- Richard Noble: Scottish race car driver and businessman.
- Martin Kove in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Victor - Cagney and Lacey).
- Patrick Pierre: Roger Baudry in Cameroon; astronaut (STS 18).
- Ho Chi Minh signs an agreement with France which recognizes Vietnam as an autonomous state in the Indochinese Federation and the French Union.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Personality - Dinah Shore
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - Seems Like Old Times
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Atlanta G.A.
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Oh! What It Seemed To Be
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?