Monday 4 March 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ralph Kirshbaum in Denton and Robert Raymond.
Rome, Open City, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 March 1946 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Robert Raymond: Rocker.
- Ralph Kirshbaum in Denton: Texas, USA; cellist (RNCM Manchester International Festival).
- Daniel Frisella: American baseball player (d. 1977).
- David Gittins (Red Stripe): singer (Flying Pickets).
- Michael Ashcroft: English entrepreneur / multi-millionaire (Hawley-ADT).
- Danny Frisella: American baseball player (d. 1977).
- Haile Gerima: Ethiopian-American director and producer.
- Harvey Goldsmith: English businessman.
- Patricia Kennealy-Morrison: American journalist and author.
- Nora Radcliffe: Scottish politician.
- Jean-Claude Schmitt: French historian and scholar.
- Bror von Blixen-Finecke: Swedish hunter and author (d. 1946).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Personality - Dinah Shore
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - Seems Like Old Times
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Atlanta G.A.
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Oh! What It Seemed To Be
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?