Wednesday 2 May 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 2, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Régis Labeaume and David Rhodes.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
Good-bye, My Lady, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Imperial Woman by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lui e lei.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 May 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1956 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Régis Labeaume: Canadian businessman and politician 41st Mayor of Quebec City.
- Roger McNamee: Businessman.
- David Rhodes: English guitarist.
- Amir Mokri: Iranian-born American cinematographer.
- Marie-France Godard: French noted family member and possible uxoricide victim, she was the wife of Yves Godard.
- Yasushi Akimoto: Japanese songwriter and producer.
- US Methodist church disallows race separation.
- US Lab detects high-temperature microwave radiation from Venus.
- The United Methodist Church in America decides at its General Conference to grant women full ordained clergy status. It also calls for an end to racial segregation in the denomination.
- Austria and Israel form diplomatic relations.
- The constitutional union between Indonesia and the Netherlands is dissolved.
- John Osborne's ''Look Back in Anger'' opens at the Royal Court Theatre, London, changing the scope of theatrical and other forms of drama in the UK.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?