Friday 2 October 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 2, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel J. Boorstin and Donald A. Wollheim.
Those Love Pangs, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1914!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1914 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Donald A. Wollheim: Writer.
- Daniel J. Boorstin: Historian.
- Albe Vidakovic: Composer.
- Bengt Viktor Johansson: Composer.
- Charles Drake: Bayside NYC, New York -- Actor (Air Force, Glenn Miller Story).
- Jack Parsons: American scientist and occultist, he was a rocket propulsion expert who partnered with Aleister Crowly and later L. Ron Hubbard of Scientology fame.
- Bernarr Rainbow: historian of music education, organist, and choir master (d. 1998).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- California and You - Irving Kaufman
- That's a-Plenty - Prince's Orchestra