Thursday 2 September 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carla Flanagan and Billi Gordon.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Brigadoon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mr. Hobbs' Vacation by Edward Streeter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It's a Great Life.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1954 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Carla Flanagan: American battered wife whose history of abuse began nine weeks before her wedding.
- Billi Gordon: American neuroscientist author and actor.
- Gai Waterhouse: Scottish-Australian horse trainer and businesswoman.
- WTVD TV channel 11 in Raleigh-Durham, NC (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Hurricane Edna batters northeast US, killing 20.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?