Thursday 23 September 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 23, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cherie Blair and George C Wolfe.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Barefoot Contessa, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Bless This House by Norah Lofts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Toi et moi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1954 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Cherie Blair: British lawyer and wife of Prime Minister Tony Blair; an employment law specialist, a part-time judge and mother of four children.
- George C Wolfe
- Jodie Evans: Activist.
- George Wolfe: American director of theater.
- Charlie Barnett: American actor (d. 1996).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?