Saturday 25 September 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Marie Béguigné and Patrick Braoudé.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Barefoot Contessa, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The George Gobel Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1954 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jean-Marie Béguigné: French show jumping horse trainer.
- Patrick Braoudé: French actor, director, screenwriter, and producer.
- Joep Lange: Born in Neuwenhagen, Dutch clinical researcher specialised in HIV therapy.
- Sylvester Croom: American football player and coach.
- Juande Ramos: Spanish footballer and manager.
- Tim Smit: Dutch-English gardener and businessman
- Francois Doc Duvalier wins Haitian presidential election
- Indians win AL record 111 games
- WCBD TV channel 2 in Charleston, SC (ABC) begins broadcasting
- The Footscray Football Club wins their first Australian Football League Grand Final.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 September 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?