Sunday 12 September 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jocelyne Béroard and Adrian Adonis.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Brigadoon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not as a Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Familie Schölermann.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 September 1954 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Jocelyne Béroard: French Martiniquese artist, lead singer of zouk band Kassav.
- Adrian Adonis: American professional wrestler (d. 1988).
- Peter Scolari in New Rochelle: New York, USA; actor (Jerry - Newhart).
- Robert Gober: American sculptor.
- Scott Hamilton: American saxophonist.
- Peeter Volkonski: Estonian singer-songwriter and actor.
- Betsy Rawls wins LPGA St. Louis Golf Open
- Indians sweep Yanks at Municipal Stadium; largest AL crowd (86,563)
- White Sox win 90th game, 1st time they win this many since 1920
- WLBZ TV channel 2 in Bangor, ME (NBC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?