Tuesday 28 September 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ubaldo Lo Presti and Steve Largent.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Carmen Jones, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while But We Were Born Free by Elmer Holmes Davis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching December Bride.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 28 September 1954 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Ubaldo Lo Presti: Italian film and television actor, also known as Ubaldo Lopresti.
- Steve Largent: American football player and U.S.
- George Lynch: American guitarist and songwriter (Dokken Lynch Mob Souls of We and Tooth and Nail).
- Margot Wallström: Swedish politician and diplomat 42nd Swedish Minister for Foreign Affairs.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?