Thursday 2 September 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 2, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
The King's Speech, directed by Tom Hooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nikita.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 101 Shark Pets or CSI: Fatal Conspiracy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 2 September 2010 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 September
- 10 civilians are killed and 2 others are wounded after being struck by NATO during an election campaign in Rostaq, Afghanistan. Originally, a spokesman had said a ampquotprecision air strikeampquot had hit a militant vehicle. (Reuters)
- Palestinians stone an Israeli car travelling through the West Bank resulting in a 12-year-old being injured. (YNet News)
- The Mexican Army claims to have killed 25 drug cartel gunmen in a clash in Tamaulipas state near the United States border. (BBC)
- Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the United Nations Hussain Haroon calls for an inquiry after allegations emerge of Pakistani floodwaters being diverted into vulnerable villages in a bid to preserve crops. (BBC)
- 2010 Pacific typhoon season
- Severe Tropical Storm Lionrock lands in China's Fujian province with warnings of strong winds and torrential rains. (''Straits Times'')
- Typhoon Kompasu (Glenda) hits South Korea resulting in three deaths and leading to cancellation of flights and school classes. (AP via Sign On San Diego)
- Hurricane Earl
- A tropical storm warning is issued for the coast of Long Island in New York as Hurricane Earl approaches the east coast of the United States. (Reuters)
- A state of emergency is declared in the states of North Carolina and Virginia. (Bloomberg)
- An oil rig explodes in the Gulf of Mexico, west of the Deepwater Horizon oil rig that exploded in April, killing no people. (AP)
- Lebanon requests an Interpol arrest warrant for Ghassan al-Jidd, a former General in the Lebanese Army who allegedly spied for the Mossad. (Jerusalem Post)
- At least 17 migrants are kidnapped by suspected human traffickers in Tijuana, Baja California, in northwestern Mexico. (RFI)
- Price riots continue in Mozambique, leaving a further four people dead. (Reuters Africa)
- Police in Brazil arrest almost the entire council in the city of Dourados, Mato Grosso do Sul, on suspicion of fraud and corruption, leaving the city without a government. (''Latin American Herald Tribune'')
- Figures show that at least 2,000 British police officers had 3 or more complaints made against them in 2009-10. (BBC)
- Independent Member of the Australian House of Representatives Andrew Wilkie announces that he will support the Gillard Labor Government on supply and confidence. (SBS)
- BP warns the United States Congress that it might not be able to pay compensation for the Deepwater Horizon oil spill if it is barred from getting new offshore drilling permits. (''New York Times'')
- Sebastian Vlădescu is replaced as Romanian Minister of Finance by Gheorghe Ialomitianu as part of a Cabinet reshuffle. (AFP via Google News)
- Pakistan's high commissioner Wajid Shamsul Hasan says 3 of his country's cricketers connected to allegations of betting corruption by the ''News of the World'' tabloid could have been set up. (Sky News)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
- B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast) - Rick Ross Featuring Styles P
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
Top #10 Latin songs
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- El Malo - Aventura
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Pedro Fernandez - Amarte A La Antigua
Top #10 Rock songs
- Linkin Park - The Catalyst
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Bad Company - Five Finger Death Punch
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $32.90
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $76.49
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $67.11
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $39.16
- 1 CHF = 6.7215 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4671 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9617 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.204 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?