Sunday 12 September 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Easy A, directed by Will Gluck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Behzat Ç.: Bir Ankara Polisiyesi.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing CityVille or Bomberman Live: Battlefest.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 12 September 2010 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 September
- At least 3 people are killed by a United States missile attack on a home where associates of Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan chief Hafiz Gul Bahadur were believed to be staying in northwest Pakistan. (AP via Fox News)
- Israeli soldiers identify a group of armed men approaching Israel from Gaza near Kibbutz Erez, killing three Palestinian sources claim that two were farmers. (Reuters)
- Danish police state that there is no evidence that a small explosives blast in a Copenhagen hotel ties into a larger terror plot. (Al Jazeera)
- A curfew is imposed on Srinagar and other large towns in Kashmir after police clashes with people protesting against Indian rule yesterday. (BBC)
- At least 24 people are injured in clashes between supporters of rival political parties in several parts of Conakry ahead of a presidential run-off election in Guinea. (Japan Today)
- Lady Gaga wins eight MTV Video Music Awards at the 2010 ceremony including Video of the Year for ampquotBad Romanceampquot. (MTV)
- The 33 miners involved in the 2010 Copiapó mining accident are permitted to smoke cigarettes after one month of underground entrapment. (AFP via ''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- 95 farm workers are rescued from difficult living conditions in two south-eastern states (Minas Gerais and Rio de Janeiro (state)) of Brazil. (BBC)
- 2010 San Bruno pipeline explosion:
- The death toll rises to 7 from a pipeline explosion in San Bruno, California, near the U.S. city of San Francisco. (Bay City News via ''San Francisco Chronicle'')
- The California Public Utilities Commission orders Pacific Gas and Electric to perform a survey of all natural gas lines in California following the explosion. (AP via ''The Houston Chronicle'')
- 2010 Atlantic hurricane season:
- Hurricane Igor strengthens to Category 4 in the Atlantic Ocean. (AFP via Google News)
- Tropical Storm Julia forms in the Atlantic with a tropical storm warning issued for parts of the Cape Verde Islands. (AP via ''Houston Chronicle'')
- Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu states that 10-month restrictions on the building of Israeli settlements in the West Bank will no longer apply after they expire later this month. (Al Jazeera)
- The Economic Cooperation Framework Agreement (ECFA), an important trade pact, comes into force between China and Taiwan. Hundreds of thousands of people protested against it in Taiwan but it was unanimously approved by the island's parliament. (BBC)
- 2 French judges and 17 other legal experts land in Rwanda ahead of a week-long inquiry into the killing of President Juvénal Habyarimana, whose plane with French crew on board was shot down in 1994. (BBC)
- 2009 detention of American hikers by Iran: Iran announces its willingness to release Sarah Shourd, a U.S. hiker arrested in 2009, on bail and says that she will be permitted to leave the country. (Al Jazeera)
- Mexican marines capture alleged Beltrán Leyva Cartel leader Sergio Villarreal Barragán in the state of Puebla. (''The Guardian'')
- President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev approves a plan to overhaul Russia's police system. (IANS via Sulekha)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 September 2010
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?