Thursday 9 September 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 9, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
The Whistleblower, directed by Larysa Kondracki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nikita.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Diner Dash 5: BOOM! or Arcania: Gothic 4.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 9 September 2010 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 September
- In San Bruno, California, a gas pipeline explosion destroys 38 homes, kills at least four people, and leaves a large crater in the ground.
- Islamist militant group Boko Haram raid a prison in Bauchi, northern Nigeria, freeing 721 inmates. (AllAfrica.com)
- At least 16 people are killed and 98 injured in an apparent suicide bombing in the Russian Caucasus city of Vladikavkaz. (RIA Novosti)
- Battle of Mogadishu (2010)
- A bomb explodes at Mogadishu Airport in Somalia. (Reuters)
- United States Marines board and seize control of a German-owned vessel, Magellan Star, previously captured by pirates off the coast of Somalia. (CNN)
- Archaeologists date the mound of Moot Hill in Scone Palace where medieval Kings of Scotland including Robert the Bruce were crowned back to at least 1,000 years ago. (''The Scotsman'')
- The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission rejects a $A13 billion bid by the National Australia Bank for AXA Asia Pacific. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Tropical Storm Meranti is forecast to bring heavy rains to Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi and Hainan provinces in the People's Republic of China, as well as in Taiwan. (Xinhua)
- The 2010 San Bruno, California fire begins with a massive explosion in a natural gas line destroying dozens of houses, killing at least 6 people, and continues burning in San Bruno, California near the US city of San Francisco. (''Silicon Valley Mercury News'')
- An Iranian diplomat at the United Nations states that United States citizen Sarah Shourd will be released ampquotvery soonampquot. (AFP via Google News)
- The National Council of Resistance of Iran claims that Iran is building a secret uranium enrichment facility in Abyek. (Haaretz)
- ampquotGround zeroampquot mosque and cultural centre controversy
- Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, the President of Indonesia, and Asif Ali Zardari, the President of Pakistan, call on President of the United States, Barack Obama, to stop International Burn a Koran Day being organised by the Dove World Outreach Center. (''The Telegraph'')
- Barack Obama describes the event as ampquota clear recruitment bonanza for al-Qaidaampquot and warns that it will endanger US soldiers. (MSNBC)
- US businessman Donald Trump offers to buy out one of the major investors in the Park51 site in New York City where a Muslim group wanted to build a 13-story Islamic centre and mosque. (AP via ''Minneapolis Star-Tribune'')
- Pastor Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center agrees to call off the Koran burning in return for the Park51 community center being relocated, though those associated with Park51 have stated no such agreement exists. (MSNBC)
- Wang Huayuan, a top anti-corruption official in China's Shandong province, is sentenced to death for accepting $1 million in bribes. (AP via Google News)
- US District Court Judge Virginia A. Phillips rules that the United States military's don't ask, don't tell policy violates the First Amendment rights of gay men and lesbians. (''Los Angeles Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
- B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast) - Rick Ross Featuring Styles P
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- Got Your Back - T.I. Featuring Keri Hilson
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- El Malo - Aventura
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- I Like It - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Pitbull
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
Top #10 Rock songs
- Linkin Park - The Catalyst
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Bad Company - Five Finger Death Punch
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
A key United States banking regulator raised concern on Wednesday about the risk of “exposure” the government is taking on in the mortgage market and urged more stringent standards for underwriting mortgages, Reuters said. [..]
Barnes & Noble, the object of a proxy battle by the billionaire investor Ronald W. Burkle, sent shareholders a letter urging them to vote for its board nominees and to reject Mr. Burkle’s candidates. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $34.12
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $79.97
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $69.35
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $39.30
- 1 CHF = 6.6813 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5623 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9817 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.263 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?