Friday 24 September 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 24, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Teenage Dream by Katy Perry.
Red, directed by Robert Schwentke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boardwalk Empire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dark Void Zero or Date Warp.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 September 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 24 September 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 September
- Gennady Yanayev: Soviet politician (Born 1937).
- Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus of ABBA object to the use of the song ampquotMamma Miaampquot at rallies held by a right-wing Danish political party and threaten to sue. (BBC)
- ''The Beano'' is to feature a President of the United States for the first time in its history. (BBC)
- American satirist Stephen Colbert attracts media attention in his country by appearing before a United States Congress committee. (BBC)
- Gold prices reach a record US$1,300/oz in a prolonged rally. (MarketWatch)
- Striking pilots from the state-owned Air Zimbabwe end their two week strike that grounded flights and left passengers stranded after a pay deal with the government in Zimbabwe. (Reuters)
- In the world's largest share offer, Brazilian semi-public energy company Petrobras raises US$67 billion. (Wall Street Journal)
- The Thanet Wind Farm, the world's largest offshore wind farm, opens off the southeast coast of Thanet district in Kent, England. (AP)
- China Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection Group invests RMB 30 billion offshore in a wind farm project in Liaoning province of northern China. (Business China)
- Facebook launches a new feature for iPhone in Canada, allowing users to automatically update their location. (''Tehran Times'')
- Chile freezes the assets of San Esteban Mining to fund the cost of the rescue effort from the 2010 Copiapó mining accident. (AFP via ''Adelaide Advertiser'')
- The government of Nigeria opens two swollen dams in Jigawa State, displacing two million people. (BBC)
- Hurricane Lisa becomes the seventh hurricane of the 2010 Atlantic hurricane season. (UPI)
- At least five people die in a freak storm in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. (Sky News Australia)
- One person is killed and 57 are injured in a train collision in Tunis. (Xinhua)
- The African Union appeals for funds to increase its force in Somalia from 8,000 to 20,000. (AP)
- Japanese prosecutors release the Chinese fishing boat captain recently captured in disputed waters in the East China Sea after pressure from the Chinese government. (Al Jazeera)
- The United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton meets with the President of the Palestinian National Authority Mahmoud Abbas to discuss an extension of the Middle East peace process. (AFP via Google News)
- A senior Nicaraguan diplomat is found dead in an apartment in New York City. (CNN)
- Judge Ronald B. Leighton of the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington rules on remand that the discharge of flight nurse Maj. Margaret Witt under the Don't ask, don't tell policy violated her constitutional rights. (AP via MSNBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 24 September 2010
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - Hoffenheim : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Paderborn : 2 - 0
- Cottbus - Hertha : 0 - 1
- Karlsruhe - Frankfurt FSV : 0 - 2
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Xerez - Tenerife : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Istres - Clermont : 2 - 2
- Laval - Ajaccio : 0 - 0
- Le Havre - Angers : 1 - 0
- Le Mans - Dijon : 2 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- Love The Way You Lie - Eminem Featuring Rihanna
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
- Got Your Back - T.I. Featuring Keri Hilson
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- El Malo - Aventura
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- I Like It - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Pitbull
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Escalating a dispute over Japan’s detention of a Chinese fishing trawler captain, China halted exports of some crucial rare earth elements. [..]
Banks are sitting out the busiest September for corporate bond sales in a sign they may refrain from lending while the Federal Reserve considers how to jolt the economic recovery. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $36.36
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $79.97
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $70.44
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $41.16
- 1 CHF = 6.819 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5474 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9595 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.43 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?