Wednesday 1 September 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
The King's Speech, directed by Tom Hooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Sh*T My Dad Says by Justin Halpern was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nikita.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers or Dragon Collection.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 1 September 2010 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 September
- Wakanohana Kanji I: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 45th Yokozuna (Born 1928).
- The People's Liberation Army Navy commences artillery exercises in the Yellow Sea in response to those being conducted by South Korea and the United States against North Korea. (BBC)
- At least 30 people are killed and 250 injured in three suicide bombing attacks on Shia procession in Lahore, Pakistan. (Xinhua)
- At least 6 people die as Mozambique police fire rubber bullets as a protest in Maputo over rising food prices turns into a riot. (Aljazeera)
- A border clash between Armenia and Azerbaijan occurs, leaving several soldiers dead and both sides blaming the other for the violence. (Aysor)
- 2 Israelis are wounded in a shooting near Kochav HaShachar in the West Bank. (Aljazeera)
- The Palestinian Authority arrests 250 members of Hamas following the shooting of four Israeli settlers at Beit Hagai. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Actor Michael Douglas speaks for the first time in public of his recent disgnosis with throat cancer during an interview on American television. (''The Guardian'')
- Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair's autobiography ''A Journey'' goes on sale in the United Kingdom and becomes a bestseller. (''The Guardian'')
- United States rapper T.I. and his wife singer Tameka Cottle are arrested on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles for illegal drug possession. (CNN)
- Archaeologists discover 200 year old bottles of beer in a shipwreck south of the autonomous Aland Islands in the Baltic Sea believed to be the world's oldest. (CNN)
- Apple Inc. launches Ping. (BBC)
- A trade agreement between Australia and the European Union comes into effect stopping Australian wine being marketed using terms such as champagne and port. (''People's Daily'')
- The U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, upheld an injunction issued by a federal district court in Indiana in 2009, enjoining Teva Pharmaceuticals from the marketing of its drug for the treatment of osteoporosis. The district court found, and the appellate court agrees, that Teva's drug is in violation of a valid patent held by Eli Lilly Co.. (Fierce Pharma)
- 57,000 people are made homeless by heavy floods near Aweil, Northern Bahr el Ghazal in southern Sudan. (BBC)
- 2010 Pakistan floods:
- The World Bank pledges to loan an additional $100 million to Pakistan. (Reuters)
- UK deputy prime minister Nick Clegg visits a relief camp in Sukkur to witness the devastation caused by the ongoing floods. (Sky News)
- 2010 Copiapó mining accident:
- As the isolation of the miners is similar to a space mission, NASA sends a team of doctors, who recommend the miners abstain from cigarettes and alcohol while trapped. (Reuters)
- Several European countries summon their Kenyan ambassadors in a bid to determine why Kenya did not arrest President of Sudan Omar al-Bashir when he came to Nairobi for the new constitution ceremony. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
- B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast) - Rick Ross Featuring Styles P
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
Top #10 Latin songs
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- El Malo - Aventura
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Pedro Fernandez - Amarte A La Antigua
Top #10 Rock songs
- Linkin Park - The Catalyst
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Bad Company - Five Finger Death Punch
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $32.09
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $74.13
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $66.03
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $39.00
- 1 CHF = 6.707 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4825 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9665 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.203 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?