Saturday 3 August 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 3, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Straw and Lung Ti.
Notorious, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Musical Contrasts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 August 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1946 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Jack Straw: English lawyer and politician Shadow Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- Lung Ti
- Ricky Hui
- Syreeta Wright: American singer and songwriter (d. 2004).
- James Howe: Writer.
- John York: American bass player songwriter and producer.
- John Klemmer: Rocker.
- Jim Duncan: American football player.
- Robert Ayling: English businessman.
- Belgian government of Huysmans, forms
- Holiday World, originally called ''Santa Claus Land'', opens to the public. It became the 1st themed park preceding Disneyland by 9 years.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Hawaiian War Chant (Ta-Hu-Wa-Hu-Wai) - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- South America, Take It Away - Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters
- Frank Sinatra - Five Minutes More
- Just the Other Day - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- I Know - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra