Saturday 31 August 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 31, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Coughlin and Ann Coffey.
Roll on Texas Moon, directed by William Witney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching I Love to Eat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 August 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1946 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Tom Coughlin: American athlete, football coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Ann Coffey: Scottish social worker and politician.
- Jerome Corsi: American theorist and author.
- Paul August von Klenau: Danish opera Composer / conductor, dies at 63.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ink Spots - To Each His Own
- Choo Choo Ch'Boogie - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five