Tuesday 20 August 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 20, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laurent Fabius and Connie Chung.
Cloak and Dagger, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching I Love to Eat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1946 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Laurent Fabius: French politician, Prime Minister 1984-86, charged in connection with the AIDS deaths of five people and the contamination of two others during a key period in 1985, accused of a strategy of favoritism that delayed systematic testing for AIDS, waiting for development of a French-made test when an American one was available months earlier, charged with manslaughter and "attacking the physical integrity of others.
- Connie Chung: Chinese-American newscaster, teamed with Dan Rather at CBS in 1993.
- Ralf Hütter: German singer and keyboard player (Kraftwerk and Organisation).
- Connie Chung in Washington: DC, USA; TV newscaster (NBC, CBS).
- Ralf Hutter: German musician (Kraftwerk).
- William J. Clinton: President.
- Henryk Broder: Polish-German journalist and author.
- N Murthy: Indian businessman co-founded Infosys.
- Hans Meiser: Hans Meiser is a german TV host, well known in the 1980ies and 1990ies.
- Dawn Steel: Businesswoman.
- NR Narayana Murthy: Indian businessman.