Thursday 3 January 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Franquin and Jean Muno.
Dance or Die, directed by Ronald W. Munchkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1924 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- André Franquin: Belgian comic strip author.
- Jean Muno: Belgian novelist, birth name Robert Burniaux, pen name Jean Muno, writing in French.
- Marv Myers: American cartoonist, noted for his cartoon collection, "Zodiac Humor," which was published by Astro-Analytics a few years ago.
- Doug Ellis: British entrepreneur.
- Gordon Duquemin: American military, a career man who saw action in several arenas, including Korea and Vietnam, and rose to the rank of Major General.
- Andre Franquin: Belgian cartoonist (Gaston Lagaffe) (d. 1997).
- Nell Rankin: American soprano and educator (d. 2005).
- Otto Beisheim: German businessman and philanthropist founded Metro AG (d. 2013).
- Henry M Fazzie: South African Union / UDF-leader.
- Roy Harding: British teacher.
- British egyptologist Howard Carter finds sarcophagus of Tutankhamun
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- In a Covered Wagon with You - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Charleston - Arthur Gibbs & His Gang
- John McCormack - Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses