Thursday 3 July 1913
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hugh Stirling MacKenzie and Hugh Mackenzie.
Her Sister's Secret, directed by Edgar G. Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 July 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1913!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1913 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Hugh Stirling MacKenzie: British vice Admiral.
- Hugh Mackenzie: Scottish military careerist with the British Navy.
- Dorothy Kilgallen: American journalist actress and author (d. 1965).
- Common tern banded in Maine; found dead in 1919 in Africa (1st bird known to have crossed the Atlantic)
- Confederate veterans at the Great Reunion of 1913 reenact Pickett's Charge; upon reaching the high-water mark of the Confederacy they are met by the outstretched hands of friendship from Union survivors.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1913 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Harry Lauder - She's the Lass for Me
- You're a Great Big Blue-Eyed Baby - Peerless Quartet
- To Have, To Hold, To Love - Henry Burr
- The Land of Golden Dreams - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison