Friday 11 July 1913
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gaston Plissonnier and Paul Myron Anthony Linebarger.
The Flying Circus, directed by Alfred Lind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while V.V.'s Eyes by Henry Sydnor Harrison was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1913!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1913 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Gaston Plissonnier: French politician, married to Juliette Dubois.
- Paul Myron Anthony Linebarger: United States -- Sci-fi author (Space Lords).
- Paul Gibb: English cricketer (d. 1977).
- Cordwainer Smith: American sinologist author and academic (d. 1966).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1913 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Harry Lauder - She's the Lass for Me
- The Land of Golden Dreams - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
- You're a Great Big Blue-Eyed Baby - Peerless Quartet
- To Have, To Hold, To Love - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?