Tuesday 8 July 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Walter Kerr and Pierre-Laurent Brenot.
The Flying Circus, directed by Alfred Lind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Judgment House by Gilbert Parker was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1913!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1913 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Walter Kerr: New York drama critic (Sad Clowns).
- Pierre-Laurent Brenot: French painter, portrait drawer, poster artist and advertising illustrator.
- Langerock Twins: Belgian twins, they are considered as the oldest twins in 2015, aged 102.
- Louis Hemon: French-born Canadian writer (Born 1880).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1913 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Harry Lauder - She's the Lass for Me
- The Land of Golden Dreams - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
- To Have, To Hold, To Love - Henry Burr
- You're a Great Big Blue-Eyed Baby - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?