Sunday 3 June 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hale S Irwin and John Derbyshire.
The Way Ahead, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1945!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1945 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Hale S Irwin: Joplin, Missouri -- PGA golfer (1974 US Open).
- John Derbyshire: British-American mathematician and political commentator.
- Claudio Lippi: Italian television presenter, actor and singer.
- Jon Peters: American film producer, and former hair stylist.
- Elliot Tanzer: American professional astrologer, teacher, lecturer and writer for many years, the author of "Starviews," a collection of astrological essays, meditation and metaphysics.
- Hale Irwin: American golfer and architect
- Ramon Jacinto: Filipino singer guitarist and businessman founded the Rajah Broadcasting Network
- Roger Lane-Nott: English admiral
- Bill Paterson: Scottish-English actor
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby (Xavier Cugat Orchestra) - You Belong To My Heart
- Dream (When You're Feeling Blue) - Frank Sinatra
- Johnnie Johnston - Laura
- Good, Good, Good (That's You-That's You) - Xavier Cugat & His Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?