Sunday 3 June 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 3, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elisabetta Gardini and Stacy Horn.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The Proud Ones, directed by Robert D. Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Secret Of The Hittites by C.W. Ceram was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lui e lei.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 June 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1956 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Elisabetta Gardini: Italian actress on a TV series 1985-86; host on the number one Morning Show 1986-87.
- Stacy Horn: American founder of ECHO, an East Coast computer group that features no-holds-barred discussions on virtually every topic imaginable.
- George Burley: Scottish football player and manager.
- Danny Wilde (musician)
- Suren Nalbandyan: USSR -- Lightweight (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- 3rd class travel on British Railways ends
- KGUN TV channel 9 in Tucson, AZ (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Marlene Bauer Hagge wins LPGA Pittsburgh Golf Open
- British Railways renames 'Third Class' passenger facilities as 'Second Class' (Second Class facilities had been abolished in 1875, leaving just First Class and Third Class).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?