Saturday 3 March 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bert van Aerschot Flemish writer (Elevator and Françoise Landowski.
The Poor Little Rich Girl, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Red Planet by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1917 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Bert van Aerschot Flemish writer (Elevator: Women).
- Françoise Landowski: French pianist and painter, married to Gérard Caillet, writer.
- Dominique Ponchardier: French writer, known for the detective series "Le Gorille" (English: The Gorilla), published under his pen name, Antoine Dominique.
- Franéoise Landowski: Boulogne-Billt Musician.
- Maurice Nachury: Bourg en Bresse EXecutives.
- Sameera Moussa: Egyptian physicist and academic (d. 1952)
- Albrecht Fleckenstein: German pharmacologist and physiologist (d. 1992)
- Congress passes 1st excess profits tax on corporations
- Nicholas II, last Russian tsar, abdicates (OS)
- Great monarch Michael resigns after one day as czar.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Katinka (Medley) - Victor Military Band
- Keep Your Eye on the Girlie You Love - Peerless Quartet
- They're Wearing 'Em Higher in Hawaii - Morton Harvey
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?