Friday 16 March 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Samael Aun Weor and Louis C Wyman.
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1917 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hush-a-Bye Ma Baby (The Missouri Waltz) - Elsie Baker
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag and Smile, Smile, Smile - Victor Military Band
- Rolling Stones (All Come Rolling Home Again) - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?