Friday 16 March 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 16, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Samael Aun Weor and Louis C Wyman.
The Poor Little Rich Girl, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 March 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1917 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Yaddie Kaddie Kiddie Kaddie Koo - Van & Schenck
- Hawaii and You - James F. Harrison & James Reed
- What Do You Want to Make Those Eyes at Me For? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray