Monday 19 March 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 19, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dino Lipatti and Dinu Lipatti.
Max Wants a Divorce, directed by Max Linder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 March 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1917 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Dinu Lipatti: Romanian pianist (d. 1950).
- Dino Lipatti: composer.
- Payton Jordan: American track & field champion and head coach of the 1968 United States Olympic track and field team, which won a record twenty-four medals, including twelve golds.
- Peggy Ahern: American actress singer and dancer (d. 2012).
- Laszlo Szabo: Hungarian chess player (d. 1998).
- US Supreme Court upheld 8-hour work day for railroad employees (Adamson Act).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Poor Butterfly - Prince's Orchestra
- There's Egypt in Your Dreamy Eyes - George Wilson