Thursday 29 March 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 29, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur Knight and Man o' War.
Max Wants a Divorce, directed by Max Linder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 March 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1917 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Arthur Knight: CEO (Courtaulds).
- Man o' War: American thoroughbred racehorse (d. 1947).
- Man War: American race horse (d. 1947).
- Fran Gerbic composer: dies at age 76.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Poor Butterfly - Grace Kerns
- How's Every Little Thing in Dixie? - American Quartet