Sunday 4 March 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frederick Michaelis and Clyde McCullough.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Red Planet by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1917 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Frederick Michaelis: American military admiral in the United States Navy who served in World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.
- Clyde McCullough: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 1982).
- Jeannette Rankin of Montana becomes the first female member of the United States House of Representatives.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- They're Wearing 'Em Higher in Hawaii - Morton Harvey
- Keep Your Eye on the Girlie You Love - Peerless Quartet
- Katinka (Medley) - Victor Military Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?