Thursday 15 March 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Myriam David and Jürgen Ohlsen.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1917 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Myriam David: French psychoanalyst, pediatrician and psychiatrist, who died on 28 December 2004.
- Jürgen Ohlsen: German actor (d. 1994).
- Nicholas II, last Russian tsar, says he will abdicate [3 / 3 OS]
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hush-a-Bye Ma Baby (The Missouri Waltz) - Elsie Baker
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag and Smile, Smile, Smile - Victor Military Band
- Rolling Stones (All Come Rolling Home Again) - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?