Sunday 3 March 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Wigglesworth and Arnold Newman.
The Kaiser, the Beast of Berlin, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1918 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Frank Wigglesworth: composer.
- Arnold Newman: photographer (Faces USA).
- Dr Arthur Kornberg: American biochemist and Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2007).
- Fritz Thiedemann: German equestrian, considered to be one of the greatest show jumpers of his time.
- John Bunting: Australian public servant and diplomat (d. 1995).
- Arthur Kornberg: American biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2007)
- Germany, Austria and Russia sign the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk ending Russia's involvement in World War I, and leading to the independence of Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Hail! Hail! The Gang's All Here - Irving Kaufman
- Calling Me Home to You - Oscar Seagle
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - Scherzo - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Thomas Chalmers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?